Brother XR3774 Review
Performance - 95%
Stitch quality - 100%
Speed - 95%
Ease of use - 95%
Maintenance - 95%
With a multitude of features and 37 built-in stitches, the Brother XR3774 sewing machine promises to become a best seller and allow users to sew anything from garments to quilts.
From making clothes from scratch to sewing buttonholes and quilting, the Brother XR3774 is definitely a sewing machine that will come in very handy around the house and will enable users to fulfill all their goals successfully. This is a rather new sewing machine, as it only made its way on the market in 2014 and at that point it was considered very expensive, despite all the features it had to offer. However, things have changed since then and these days its price has dropped to a more acceptable level, making it one of the top choices for those looking for a multifunctional sewing machine. Because of its versatility this is a perfect machine to have around the house, as you will most likely manage to complete all your projects with its help.
- Power cord and foot controller;
- Wide table;
- 3 piece needle set and 8 accessory sewing feet;
- Instructional DVD and English/Spanish manual;
Features of the Brother XR3774 sewing machine (READ FULL SPECS)
- 37 built-in stitches: even though 37 may not sound like such a big number, especially when comparing to other sewing machines such as the Brother CS6000I, if you are only planning to use this machine for the needs that might arise around the house, you will probably never end up using them all of them. These stitches are suitable for anything you might need, whether it is making your own clothes or just making some decorative stitches on a quilt in order to make it look better, this sewing machine will never let you down in terms of stitches.
- Drop-in bobbin: one of the things that making this sewing machine fun to work with is the fact that the bobbin will never jam. It is actually one of its pros, because nothing is more annoying that having to constantly stop your work to deal with a jammed bobbin.
- Has a LED lit work-area: if sewing is not your main job and you only do it in your spare time, you will often end up enjoying your hobby during the evening, after you have finished the rest of the work around the house. To this extent, if you don’t want to bother anyone by keeping the lights on while you work, this sewing machine actually has a LED lit work area which illuminated it very well and allows users to see what they are doing and work comfortably without needing any other light.
- Lightweight, making it easy to carry around the house and work at anywhere you might want;
- The automatic needle threader certainly makes this machine easy to use;
- Has a built-in free arm that allows the user to sew pant legs and sleeves very easy;
- Has 8 sewing feet: zipper, buttonhole, walking, narrow hammer, zigzag, button sewing, quilting and blind stitch;
- Fairly easy to use: this sewing machine does not have any complicated features and its functions are quite intuitive, making it the perfect machine for someone who is not very experienced in the art of sewing as well as for those looking for a multi-purpose sewing machine to have for the needs of their household;
- It has a 25 year warranty, so you can count on the quality of this machine. Of course, Brother is a very good brand in general, but still this is not something that should be overlooked;
- It is relatively quiet comparing to other models, making it perfect for a household with small children or any place where you might have to keep the noise down during a certain period of the day.
- It does not have a thread cutter;
- Some people may still consider it a bit pricier, although it can be usually found at a decent price.
Brother XR3774 – Our Verdict
This is an excellent sewing machine for beginners. Even though it does not come with anything new in particular, the product does have many excellent features that are worth taking into account. You can always count on being able to complete any task you might have and the fact that it has an illuminated work area and excellent stitch quality makes it an excellent choice. However, if you cannot find it at a significant price difference than the Brother CS6000I, that might be the better choice, as it is a computerized machine with almost the double amount of built-in stitches than the XR3774 has.