Performance - 88%
Stitch Quality - 87%
Speed - 82%
Ease of Use - 87%
Maintenance - 84%
From the existing reviews it is clear that the Pfaff Passport 2.0 is the ideal sewing machine for travel. This latest addition has received so many positive reviews thanks to its portable design and other views are expected as well.
Pfaff has long established itself as a solid name in the industry and they always makes efforts to bring improvements to their line of products. As its name clearly suggests the Pfaff Passport 2.0 is a compressed version of the sewing machines that Pfaff usually designs and the fact that it is smaller is not a way to compensate for performance. It is perfect for those of you who are constantly on the road and need to mend certain clothing emergencies. The sewing machine is the latest addition to the Pfaff range and what makes this machine stand out from all the others is the fact that it is entirely computerized. In order to fully discover the Passport 2.0 keep reading this review.
- Speed slider
- Up to 70 stitches
- Pfaff Original IDTTM system
- Two LED light s for illuminating the sewing area
- 29 needle positions
- Immediate tie-off
- Presser foot system
- Adjustable speed
- Appliqué Pin Stitch
Owing to the fact that the Pfaff Passport 2.0 weighs only 13.9 lbs. it can be transported virtually anywhere. The light weight sewing machine has been especially created so that you can carry it to your sewing courses or if say you have a friend that needs you to stitch a dress. Consequently you can begin to expand your wardrobe with this tiny machine that will allow you to learn the basics of shirt and blouse construction. In addition to this, the small size allows you to store it anywhere in the house so that you will not have to worry about it occupying much space, as do traditional and antique sewing machines. The additional carrying case makes the transport that safer owing to the hard case.
The stainless steel bed that has been added to the prototype makes the sewing machine even more appealing. The polished design is just the inspiration you need to start working and the size allows the user to transport in to classes, retreats or even sewing journey. In addition to this, the sewing machine starts and stops at the touch of a button, not to mention the fact that the click-on presser foot system allows the user to interchange feet between multiple models. You can easily use the Pfaff Passport 2.0 with or without foot control.
- IDT System: this technology allows the user to work with all kinds of fabric and to sew through multiple layers. In addition to this, in the end you will have guaranteed a symmetrical seam. The technology basically means that the fabric will be pulled through the machine in between stitches in a discrete manner. Equally important is the fact that you are able to control the stitch length and that the machine works perfectly well with soft fabrics and quilts ensuring that the stripes and plaids are nailed down. The IDT system does not manifest the same effectiveness on hard fabrics such as denim, but there is the advantage of turning off the system if you use presser feet.
- Stitch selection: All you have to do is to press this tab and you will have instant access to multiple stitches. There is the possibility of opting out of 70 different stitch designs that measure 7 mm width. These patterns can be successfully used for both decorative and quilt stitches. What is more, the sewing machine comes equipped with an amazing applique pin stitch. The stitch number is automatically displayed on the screen and the main advantage is that you will not need the instruction book.
- Presser feet: this attachment is used mainly to hold the fabric in its place and to pull it through the machine as it is stitched. This is why the Pfaff Passport 2.0 offers extra support by guiding the fabric.
- Automatic buttonholes
- Needle up/down button
General life span
The stainless steel sewing bed is what makes the Pfaff Passport 2.0 so durable. Not only does it occupy small space in the house, the sewing machine is built in order to last for many years. In addition to this, the sewing machine does not make much noise when working. Equally important is the fact that the manufacturer has over 150 years of experience in the industry which is more than enough to qualify them as trusted manufacturers.
The control panel
The stitches are very easily changed with the help of the push button controls. The default stitch is usually the straight stitch 0.1. There is virtually a full library of 70 stitches that are to be found at the side of the sewing machine and allow you to do all sorts of appliques. This literally means that you can embellish your clothes with thousands of small ornaments that just catch the eye. It is the best way to improve your needlework technique so as to realize creative patterns and representational scenes.
At the moment of purchase you will be supplied with everything you need in order to get on with the sewing craftship: presser feet, needles, bobbins and pins. In addition to this, these are all carefully stored in the accessory box that slides onto the arm of the sewing machine.
The whole purpose of the presence of the lights is to guide the user through the process and illuminate the sewing space, especially if you take into consideration the fact that the machine is equipped with a large sewing space.
Conclusion: many users have testified to the fact that the sewing machine is suitable for both beginners and more advanced learners. The Pfaff Passport 2.0 has all the features as a more complex sewing machine and it is recommendable for anything from classes to sewing journeys.