Performance - 90%
Stitch Quality - 80%
Speed - 83%
Ease of Use - 76%
Maintenance - 76%
The Singer Pro Finish 14CG754 is an ideal choice for serging professionals and beginners looking for a high quality serging machine at a reasonable price.
The Singer Pro Finish 14CG754 is an ideal machine for serging professionals, but it can prove difficult to use for someone without experience. The popularity of this model is not only due to the rename of the brand, but also thanks to its own advanced capabilities and complex features, which make serging with the Singer ProFinish an enjoyable experience. What is more, it also has a reasonable price, so you can afford it even if serging is just a hobby for you. If you plan to purchase this machine, you will probably fall in love with it instantly. It features an elegant design that hides a sturdy machine made of heavy and durable materials.
The highlights of the Singer Pro Finish
- 2-3-4 thread capability
- Great stitch variety
- Differential feed
- 4 built-in rolled hems
- Adjustable tension and stich length
- Color coded threading capability
The Singer Pro Finish 14CG754 is one of the most readily available sewing machines with serging capabilities today. You can purchase this product from traditional sewing supplies stores, as well as specialized online stores. If you are new to serging, it is preferable to purchase the machine from a local provider, because the staff working there can explain how to use the serger ensuring that you will have a positive first experience with your new machine.
Generally, high end sergers are quite expensive. The Singer 14CG754 is one of the most affordable sergers available on the dedicated market. Despite its reasonable price, this sewing machine will provide decent results. If you are on a budget, the Singer ProFinish priced around $190 is an ideal choice.
- The Singer 14CG754 comes with a great number of accessories, despite its affordable price. Besides the instruction manual with detailed explanations about the correct use of the machine, you also get an introductory DVD with the same purpose. The set of accessories also includes a foot control, needle sets, a screwdriver, tweezers, a spreader and a dust cover.
- The wide selection of stich options as for instance the four built in rolled hems offers users the opportunity to create high quality finished products without breaking a sweat. You can also do 4 thread mock stretch stitch, 3 thread overlock stitch, 3 thread mock stretch safety stitch, 2 thread overlock stitch and a flatlock stitch with this machine.
- The Singer ProFinish is easy to use especially by someone used to serging. Even if you are a beginner, the instructions manual and the video tutorial can help you use the machine without any problems from the start. If it is your first time using a serger, the most complex operations will probably need some time to get used to, but the main functions are basic and easy to understand.
- The speed of this sewing machine reaches a whooping 1,300 stitches per minute, not to mention that it also features an automatic fabric trimming capability. This means that armed with this machine, you can handle any project without feeling tired or stressed.
- The color coded threading system will help you organize your sewing with ease, not to mention that it also looks magnificent.
- The free arm is especially accessible making trouser legs, cuffs and sleeves sewing especially easy. You can handle any item in a tube form with the Singer ProFinish without doubt.
- The large on board storage compartment is a very useful addition, especially if you plan to challenge yourself and take on large sewing projects.
- The Singer 14CG754 can handle fabrics such as natural fibers, cotton-linen-wool, fine fabrics, silk-satin-taffeta, velvet, knits and synthetic fabrics and blends-rayon-polyester without any problems.
- This time Singer has not managed to bring out its knack at releasing new models that impress through innovation and boldness. The changes brought to the Singer ProFinish 14CG754 are lacking compared to the previous model. It is difficult to adjust to the changes especially if you owned the previous model.
- The affordability of the machine has a price in the end. Singer has used plastic and less sturdy materials in this sewing machine to cut the costs. Fortunately, the parts made of plastic are not the ones more prone to wear and tear, but things such as the housing.
- Users have also complained that the machine is prone to vibrate, which is probably a consequence of the fact that the manufacturer decided to use plastic for the housing and it cannot handle the speed and power of the machine. The amount of noise the sewing machine makes is also quite high as a result.
- You can use the color code lay-in threading for more freedom and for an easier set-up.
- Use the 2-3-4 thread capability to save time and effort when making hems, seams and seam finishing.
- Use the free arm whenever you sew sleeves and cuffs for extra flexibility
- Do not forget about the automatic fabric trimming when you are in a hurry
- The Singer ProFinish has a large accessories storage compartment you can make use of anytime
- Use the controls on the right side of the machine for differential feed and stitch length adjustments
- Use the decals inside the looper door for further guidance about the proper position of the tension dials and the threading process in general.
- Always clean the race hook and the feed dogs after use.
The Singer 14CG754 ProFinish serger is an ideal choice for those of you who are passionate about serging, but cannot afford to buy a high end machine. Despite its affordable price, this machine has an impressive list of features that can help you achieve professional results. The main reason why you should purchase the Singer 14CG754 ProFinish besides its competitive price is the high quality of the stich. Singer is not a brand that would disappoint and the ProFinish model has managed to exceed expectations in this aspect.